Friday, October 10, 2008

HI, what is up? what's going on with paul? not much... lots, and lots of... stuff, and stuff.
when i last wrote i think i had just escaped from queenstown. good news.
but there was some bad news in the computing department- i lost all the data from my 2GB MP3 USB device. I'm hoping that i can recover the data, but im not betting on it because i've already tried so many times using a bunch of different recovery programs. it's terrible, i lost so much stuff. Oh well. It's weird but kindof cool to be computing from 2 USB keys, which are also little mp3 players, radios, and voice recorders, with a combined space of less than 3 gigz. but it just sucks when 2 / 3rds of my stuff is deleted for some mysterious reason. It happened when i put a new AAA battery in it. So sad. Plus i had been collecting a collection of hilarious internet images- it makes me want to stop collecting images from the internet, but im sure i'll start again soon. I am waiting on the recovery program to do it's thing- but it just sucks because this one im trying now takes a half hour to work it's magic. I already tried doing it one way, which took a half hour, and it didn't work, but there's another option that i tried, which takes another half hour, and that sucks because im paying 8 $ for 2 hours of computing time when I can't really afford it but i need to know that my data is safe. Remaining time is 11 minutes. Come on, work!
I'm also downloading a couple of albums: TV on the radio, which i hear is good, and the weezer red album, which i hear is crap. the album is coming in at 175 kb a second, not bad, not bad.
I did my taxes today too, over the computer, and i hope to get 500 dollars really soon. I really really need that. It's great because than i might not have to get a tree planting job. sweet. But i should have called them today.... oh well. too busy. whoa now it's up to 255 kbps, fast. but the data recovery thing is going so slow , i might not have time to finish it in the 8 minutes, or 7 minutes till the internet cafe closes. shitty.
man, times are tense. it's going to be close ahh!

No comments: